Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Animals!

Hey True Believers,

OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb here: baby animals are adorable. There, I said it. But the internet's been saying it for me with phenomena like LOL Cats and Cute or Sad. Today I'd like to tell you about a cute overload at the University of Alaska Fairbanks: baby Musk Oxen, Reindeeer and Caribou at the Large Animal Research Station (LARS). This last saturday the farm had its annual Spring calving event/open house. This was an opportunity for people to visit LARS and see the cute babies, take pictures, and learn more about the farm. Look at those babies and tell me you don't want one of your own!

I know I said this in a blog post last year, but the research being done at LARS is awesome. Not to mention how rare it is for students to be able to work with such rare animals in such a safe, controlled and well supported setting. If you have an interest in Biology or Wildlife, I highly recommend you check out some of the opportunities here at UAF.

Thanks for reading, and my next post will have pictures from Denali National Park, so stay tuned!

Joe

Photo Credits: Joe Alloway and Erin Harris, 2009. Above: Me with babies in the background. Below, Super Adorable Caribou and Musk Oxen!




1 comment:

Hope said...

How is it that during my time at UAF I NEVER saw a baby muskox? They are adorable.:)