Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crane Festival in Fairbanks


Hey,
This last weekend was one of my favorite events in Fairbanks: The Sandhill Crane Festival! I know this may sound silly, but I love the birds we get in this town! Every year we get migratory birds from 5 continents flying through Fairbanks as a nesting stop on their migratory routes. It's so cool to see the birds covering Creamer's Field and then to see them flying off at the end of the week for their nest stop. Just one more thing about living in Fairbanks that I love. If you want to find out more about the birds, visit the Fairbanks Daily News Miner article about it here. Thanks for reading, and we'll be coming back at you soon with UAF New Student Orientation!

Joe

1 comment:

V. J. Christy said...

Is this Joe Alloway that used to be the Minister at the Revere Community Church in the early
1980s?
This is V. J. Christy.
Remember me?