Monday, May 12, 2008

Congratulations to the Graduates of 2008!!!

I'm a graduation junkie, let's just put it out there. I LOVE watching students, friends, and co-workers in their proudest moment. I LOVE seeing the butterflies in students stomachs as they look out into the crowd searching for family and friends. I LOVE listening to Pomp and Circumstance play as graduates filter into the floor, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the balloon drop.

This Sunday (Mother's Day) over 1,000 UAF students became UAF Alumni, including a few of our own! Hope, Joe, Jennifer and Nicole walked across the stage in the Carlson Center to receive their diplomas. It was an exciting and fun time. I couldn't believe how many people I knew graduating. I felt so proud to see so many students I've worked with over the years as Orientation Leaders, Ambassadors, Student Employees, and fellow students.

Congratulations Graduates! Good luck in everything that you choose to do in the future!

No comments: