Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fourteen High Schools in Four Days!!!

Jessica and I just got back from a whirl-wind five-day trip to Anchorage where 4 of them were spent driving around like maniacs trying to meet with as many students as possible from the south side of Anchorage to Houston. It was a great chance to catch up with all the counselors (those who made it to our Counselor Reception and those who are holding out hope for an invite to next spring's event) and get officially introduced, seeing as how I am taking over the Anchorage are of recruiting for UAF.

Here's the list of the high schools we visited last week:
  1. Palmer High School
  2. Service High School
  3. South High School
  4. East High School
  5. West High School
  6. Wasilla High School
  7. Matsu Career Technical High School
  8. Houston High School
  9. Eagle River High School
  10. Chugiak High School
  11. King Career Center
  12. Diamond High School
  13. Bartlett High School
  14. ....hmmmm, I know I'll think of this last one later...
Anyway, it was a fantastic trip where we got a chance to meet some really amazing students, and not to mention some pretty cool kids (and parents).

Day 5 consisted of an all day table-manning expedition at the IDEA fair for home schooled students.

Check out my sweet table setup where over the course of the day over 18-inches of snow fell while I sat there contemplating HOW AM I EVER GOING TO GET TO THE AIRPORT IN ONE PIECE!?!?! (in a rental car even!)
I got to the airport about 5 hours early, but at least my flight wasn't canceled and I got to sleep in my own bed that night... in one piece!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to come out and talk to Jessica and I. It made the trip totally worth-while and a-w-e-s-o-m-e. EXTREMELY exhausting... but AWESOME none the less. Thank you.

1 comment:

ginny said...

Colony!!!! How could I ever forget?!?!?!