Monday, April 14, 2008

Meet Joe Alloway





Hey there, everybody, I'm Joe Alloway. They just hired me on to be the local Outreach Coordinator for UAF, and I couldn't be happier to be involved. I graduated in December with my BA in Theatre from UAF, and I'll be graduating again in May with my BA in Japanese Studies. Obviously, I wanted to study Japanese Theatre(?), but I thought it was more important to spread the good word of higher education on the hill.


Although I wasn't born in Fairbanks, I've been here long enough to be a Fairbanksan for life. I went to Weller Elementary, followed by Tanana and Lathrop. With the exception of a few trips to Japan, Singapore, Canada and the like, I've rooted myself pretty firmly in this town. That being said, if you have any question about what life is like in Fairbanks, at UAF, or as an international student, I'm probably a pretty good person to talk to.

I'd love to hear whatever questions you might have, so give me a call, send me an email, let's start some trouble. fnjaa@uaf.edu.

No comments: